Monday, January 4, 2010

Evolution of a Cover [2 of 4]

Working on a light table, I "traced" my preliminary sketch, very tightly in pencil, over a a piece of art stock. (2ply Strathmore "Smooth finish") Then, I inked the whole thing using only Pigma Micron markers. The size of this illustration is the same of the actual comic book size, and fits on an A4 format (8.5 x 11 inches) piece of art stock.
Coming up next: A color sketch by a famous Phantom cover artist... (Any guesses?) Keep those comments coming!

(Click on the image to enlarge)

3 comments:

  1. The artwork looks very Barry-ish. I like it so far.

    Is the colouring Tom Smith? Or left field Felmang?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jermayn's guesses are the ones I would have thought too. Just to add another name to the mix, I'll take Germano Ferri (who has computer colored/painted covers pencilled by Felmang).

    ReplyDelete