Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mutation of a Cover [2 of 2]

This is the last installment in a series of six posts, which I started in January. During these four months, I've been chronicling the evolution (and eventual mutation) of one of my Phantom covers,  from its preliminary sketch to the coloring by two different artists. Today, I'm proud to present the official blue-costume version, colored by Eugenio Mattozzi, which will be published by Egmont, on its Scandinavian publications. The purple-costume version, colored by Antonio Lemos, will appear on the Australian market, courtesy of Frew Publications.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first time a variant of the same cover (interpreted by two different colorists)  is published both by Egmont and Frew. Am I right?
The original art of this cover can be purchased, at a very special price, on my website. (Click Here!)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I'm pretty sure it's a first. There are only a handful Egmont covers that have ever been reprinted by Frew, and most of them were printed as back covers, and didn't change the costume color. (the blue costume was probably the reason they were printed on the back in the first place)

    I think this was a great job and something both Frew and Egmont will benefit from. Now we'll just have to wait and see which version is printed first :)

    ReplyDelete