Saturday, March 27, 2010

R.I.P. Dick Giordano


Legendary artist/editor/entrepreneur Dick Giordano passed away today, at the age of 77. Besides being one of the most famous  and influential artists in the history of comics, Dick has been a member of Team Fantomen contributing illustrations for eight stories and one cover, between 2002 and 2007.
I was privileged to work for Dick  when he was Executive Editor at DC Comics and to have him ink one of my stories, which appeared on DC's Showcase '95 # 9 . I met Dick Giordano in person and  greatly benefited from his advice, sense of humor and love for the comic-book medium. I will always remember him with great fondness. Riposa in pace, caro amico!

3 comments:

  1. This is weird - just the other day, some friends sand I discussed Giordano. He seemed to draw or ink every other DC comic when I grew up in the 70s and 80s. I used to think his style was very "tough". I still do.
    He will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dick Giordano's work was everywhere when I was a kid. He touched so many characters and series in so many capacities. It's weird to think of a comics industry without him. RIP, Dick Giordano.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand this is late, but my father was mentored by him and so my entire family knew him well. I remember when I was around three or five (ha, only like, ten years ago...) and my dad was telling me about him, telling funny stories, showing me some of his work in the comic books. I still have some of his work from the DC comics. He most definately will be missed. Rest in Peace.

    ReplyDelete